Each year the Board of Governors for Argonne recognizes the lab’s top performers with more than $40,000 in awards for distinguished performance, outstanding service, education, and safety achievements.
The annual awards include:
- Distinguished Performance Awards for outstanding scientific or technical achievements, or a distinguished record of achievement of select Argonne employees
- Outstanding Service Awards, the highest honor the university gives to Argonne employees in support positions
- Director’s Award for Outstanding Safety Leadership that recognizes laboratory leaders who, in an exceptional and exemplary way, embody the principles of integrated safety management, contribute to a positive safety culture, demonstrate a commitment to excellence in workplace safety and successfully address critical challenges and vulnerabilities in safety
- Director’s Team Award for Outstanding Safety Performance given to a team of laboratory employees who embody the principles of integrated safety management and directly contribute to the creation and sustenance of a positive safety culture and a commitment to excellence in workplace safety
- Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion that recognizes excellence in promoting a culture of diversity and inclusion within their workplace
- Pinnacle of Education Award that recognizes employees for their leadership in science through the Division of Educational Programs
(Left to right): Joanna Livengood, manager of the U.S. Department of Energy's Argonne Site Office; 2011 Distinguished Performance Award winners: Ali Erdemir, Aymeric Rousseau, Dave Tiede, and Eleana Shevchenko; and Donald Levy, UChicago Vice President for Research and for National Laboratories.